Utility Billing Frequently Asked Questions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

  • Can I change my bill due date?

    No. The Town of Superior dates all monthly statements on the 11th of every month, due on the 5th of the following month. Collections on any unpaid balance begin 20 days after the due date of the statement in which the charges were incurred.
  • Do I have to pay for all the water if I have a leak?

    Yes. The Town is responsible for supplying water to your meter. After the meter, the homeowner is responsible for all water used including the service line to the residence. The Town will provide a COURTESY check for the homeowner to help determine whether a leak is present. It is then the responsibility of the homeowner to troubleshoot and fix the leak.
  • Does the Town of Superior have watering restrictions?

    Yes. There is no irrigation from potable water service between the hours of 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. The watering of commercial, parks and common areas throughout the community, is supplied by non-potable water.
  • Does the Town of Superior provide our trash service?

    The Town of Superior provides trash and recycling service only for Original Town, Sagamore,The Ridge , Coal Creek Crossing, Superior Town Center and Calmante. All other residents within Superior will need to contact your HOA.
  • How can I pay my bill?

    You may mail or pay your bill in person at Superior Town Hall, 124 E. Coal Creek Dr., Superior, CO 80027, Monday - Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. We accept cash, check, visa, mastercard and money orders. We also have a drop box located in the parking lot of Superior Town Hall. You may also pay online (at no additional charge) at www.xpressbillpay.com.
  • I am moving into or out of a rental home. How do I transfer services?

    Service has already been established for the owner of the property. It is up to the property owner to transfer service into or out of a renters name as the owner is the ultimate responsible party. Any billing to the tenant is a courtesy only. Therefore, any arrangements, transfers or request for changes on the account must be made by the property owner. Please contact your landlord with your move out date so they can schedule a final read for accurate billing.
  • I have purchased or sold a house in the Town of Superior. How do I transfer service?

    Service is transferred from the seller to the buyer at the time of closing. This procedure is typically handled by your title company. The homeowner is responsible for water, sewer and storm and any other Town imposed fees. The title company escrows money from the seller at closing to clear the account balance.
  • I own a house and will be renting it out to a tenant. How do I transfer service?

    A service transfer form must be filled out and submitted to our office prior to the tenant move in or out date. The form is located at www.superiorcolorado.gov this form may be faxed to the Attn.: Utility Billing at (303) 499-3677 or emailed to utilitybilling@superiorcolorado.gov. The form must be filled out each time there is a new renter occupying or vacating the premise. We will not take information from a renter, as the owner is the responsible party. If information is not received prior to tenant move in or out date, the transfer will be processed on the business date received. Any billing to the tenant is a courtesy only.
  • If I am shutoff how do I reinstate my water?

    During normal business hours, you may call (303) 499-3675 to make payment of any past due amounts plus a $30 reconnect fee and your service will be reconnected by the end of the business day. If you are making payment after business hours, you will need to make your payment online at www.xpressbillpay.com. The staff member responding to the turn-on will require the confirmation number provided to you on your receipt along with the amount paid. You may print this receipt at the end of your transaction. If you do not have a visa, mastercard, savings or checking account and are unable to pay online for any reason, the staff member will instruct you to have a payment in one of the drop boxes located at Town Hall parking lot or at Purple Park Directory pull-in by 7:00 a.m. next business day. The staff member is not allowed to accept any form of payment. If the payment is not in the box or made online at the start of next business day, the service will again be terminated and another $30 reconnect fee will be assessed to your account. The after-hours number for turn-on is (303) 554-9086.
  • What if I have an after- hours emergency?

    If you have an emergency after hours, please contact our after- hours emergency line at (303) 554-9086. If your emergency involves community endangerment or personal endangerment, please call 911. If the emergency involves Town of Superior open space or recreational facilities please dial (303) 709-6730.
  • What if the tenant doesn’t pay the water, sewer, storm and other services bill?

    If a tenant does not pay an outstanding utility bill, the owner of the property is responsible. Water, sewer, storm, landscape, trash and any other Town imposed fees are ultimately billed to the property and not a person.
  • What is a landscape fee?

    The landscape fee is a Town imposed fee assessed on residential units within the Town of Superior. This fee is for community landscape maintenance expenses. See Chapter 4, Article IV, of the Superior Municipal Code for additional information.
  • Where does the Town of Superior get its water?

    Water to the Town of Superior is supplied by the Northern Colorado Water Conservancy District from the Colorado Big Thompson and Windy Gap projects. The Town also receives water from other sources, primarily the Farmers Reservoir and Irrigation Company.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer