Solar Installation Building Codes
2012 International Fire Code Section 605.11 Solar photovoltaic power systems (Not applicable to single family dwellings)
2012 International Residential Code Chapter 23 Solar Energy Systems
2012 International Mechanical Code Chapter 14 Solar Systems
2014 NEC Article 690
General Solar PV Code Requirements
- Town has adopted the 2012 International Codes including IFC Section 605.11 Access & Ventilation
Note: IFC Section 605.11 does not apply to Single Family Dwellings
- The snow load and ground snow load are 30 psf
- The wind speed is 120 mph for the 3-sec gust exposure c.
- Residences in Rock Creek must get their HOA approval
- Electronic submittal and communication is permitted.
Contact the Building Department for questions or to submit electronically
- Installation of the electrical wiring shall be performed by a State of Colorado licensed electrician.
- The permit will be issued within 3 business days of completed submittal.
- Permit fees of $300 are waived. The total cost of materials (before rebates) must be listed on the permit for calculation of the use tax. 3.8% Local & County Tax.
- All Contractors are required to have a certificate of insurance on file with the Town of Superior named as certificate holder.
- The contractor shall call for a final inspection when the project is complete.
- All inspections are done between 5:00 and 7:00 pm weekdays.
- If the final inspection passes, XCEL Energy is notified the same day.
- The contractor shall provide an affidavit that the rooftop mounting & grounding were completed by design requirements.
Alternate Submittal per Solar ABC's expedited permit process for PV Systems
Checklist for requirements Solar PV
Checklist for requirements Solar Thermal