To be considered for appointment, please submit an Application.
OverviewThe purpose of the Open Space Advisory Committee is to investigate options for preserving land for open space purposes in Superior. The Town Board of Trustees approved resolution R-25 Series 2001 establishing the Open Space Advisory Committee at their meeting of April 23, 2001.
To acquire, conserve, and provide stewardship of natural open space lands and associate resources, to ensure public enjoyment and appropriate recreation, and to conduct relevant educational programs.
- To advise the Town Board regarding acquisition and protection of natural lands and buffers using the Open Space Fund.
- To advocate for the conservation and restoration of natural resources for the benefit of the environment and for the education and enjoyment of current and future generations.
- To provide public outreach, education and volunteer opportunities by increasing awareness and appreciation of the Town of Superior's open space.
- To provide quality recreational opportunities, including recommendations regarding trails on open space, while minimizing the impact to open space resources.
- To collaborate with surrounding open space organizations in order to provide further connectivity of trails and access within the region.
- 6:30 - 8:30 pm
- Second Wednesday of each month
- Superior Town Hall Board Room
124 E. Coal Creek Drive
Superior, CO 80027
Agendas & Notes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings
View all OSAC Agendas & Notes
Kate Senecal - Vice Chair
Ryan Welch - Chair
2018 Summary Report
2005 Summary Report Final Document (PDF- 1.6 MB)
Appendix H- Northwest Quadrant Photos (PDF- 1.49 MB)
Appendix H- Northeast Quadrant Photos (PDF- 1.38 MB)
Appendix H- Southeast Quadrant Photos (PDF- 1.1 MB)
Appendix H- Southwest Quadrant Photos (PDF- 1.5 MB)
Additional Maps & Documents
Open Space Fund Financial Summary
2018 OSAC Town 15 Parcel Position Paper
Town Maintained Land and Trails
Observer Locations for Landmark Visibility Analysis
Hodgson Harris Reservoir Ecological Values Assessment
Hodgson Harris Reservoir 2018 Breeding Bird Survey
Evaluation of Potential Impacts of Development of the Zaharias Property on Wildlife and Habitat Values at the Hodgson Harris Reservoir Open Space