Louisville Public Library Closure Information
Effective March 14, 2020
We’ve made the decision to close in an effort to reduce community transmission of the virus consistent with Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment and Boulder County Public Health recommendations.
Information about Library Service during the Facility Closure:
- Items currently checked out have had due dates extended for the duration of the closure
- No fines will accrue on any items for the duration of the closure
- Book Drops are closed. Please keep all materials until further notice.
- Patrons will not be able to place holds to be picked up at Louisville during the closure
- Patrons will not be able to pick up holds at Louisville during the closure
- Holds currently on the hold shelf will be available for patrons when we re-open
- The Library’s Meeting and Study Spaces will be unavailable for the duration of the closure
Using your Library during the Facility Closure:
- Get a Library Card online
- Read, Listen or Download eBooks and eAudiobooks
- Mango offers FREE access to 60 foreign language courses and 17 English courses taught completely in the user’s native language.
- Creativebug gives you access to over 1000 award-winning crafting classes taught by top designers and artists. Classes cover sewing, art, cooking, paper crafting, knitting, jewelry making, and more!
- New York Times Online
- Online Learning and Research
- Children’s eReading
- Early Literacy Resources
- Children’s Online Fun and Games
Other FREE resources:
- Storyline Online - Storyline Online, streams videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations. Readers include Viola Davis, Chris Pine, Lily Tomlin, Kevin Costner, Annette Bening, James Earl Jones, Betty White and dozens more.