Last updated: September 21st, 2018
This is your source for updated information regarding work on public roads in Superior. Updates will be posted here informing residents and visitors of construction progress and closure dates for affected streets and neighborhoods.
Please email us if you would like to receive electronic notification on road construction projects, affected streets, lane restrictions and closures.
Current Road Closures
Several different lane configurations will be in place on McCaslin Blvd between Coal Creek Drive and Rock Creek Pkwy during the week of September 24th-28th for asphalt and concrete patching. Paving and striping operations are scheduled for October 3rd-9th, weather permitting. Temporary stops will occur during paving to allow the delivery of asphalt trucks. Changes to the schedule will be updated on this page. Please continue to exercise caution as you travel through the work zone.
Discovery Parkway at McCaslin Blvd. Visitors to Discovery Office Park will follow detour signage along Main Street, Promenade Drive, and Discovery Parkway at Promenade Drive.
On September 21st and October 8th, Town Hall parking lot is scheduled to be closed for repairs. Visitors and staff may use 1st Avenue and William Street to access the building.
2018 Street Rehabilitation Project
The 2018 Street Rehabilitation Project started in June. This includes repairing McCaslin Blvd., both north and south of the new Main Street roundabout. The work on McCaslin and other areas will include:
- Removal of asphalt on the Coal Creek Bridge, replacement of the bridge membrane and a 2-inch asphalt overlay.
- Mill & overlay of roadways connecting the existing concrete roundabout with the Coal Creek bridge.
- Mill and overlay from the Main Street roundabout south to just north of Rock Creek Parkway.
- Reconstruction of a failing 300-ft segment just south of Discovery Parkway with fly-ash treated subgrade and 11-inches of asphalt.
- Construction of a 10-ft. wide concrete trail along the west side of McCaslin from the roundabout to Rock Creek Parkway
- Construction of an 8-ft. wide concrete trail on Tract A (formerly part of Discovery Office Park). This will connect the Tract H concrete trail with the McCaslin trail network.
- Removal of the asphalt roadway, curb, gutter and sidewalk on White Raven Lane which is no longer needed for the Town’s street network. An 8 ft. wide concrete trail will be built in the right-of-way and the remaining right-of-way will be graded and seeded with native grasses.
- Mill & Overlay of the Town Hall parking lot.
The project will be constructed this summer, and major work elements should be substantially complete by the mid-September. This project will entail periodic lane closures on McCaslin. One segment of McCaslin, located south of Discovery Parkway, will be reconstructed in phases with the southbound lanes closed during construction, with traffic shifted to the northbound lanes with one-lane open in each direction. Once the southbound lanes are reconstructed, traffic will be shifted to the southbound lanes (one lane in each direction) while the northbound lanes are reconstructed.
The bridge deck over Coal Creek has been waterproofed. The new trail on the west side of McCaslin is complete. The trail connection to the Tract H trail is nearly complete. Paving has begun on the southern end of the project area. White Raven Lane has been removed and the area seeded for native grasses. Several utility crossings underneath McCaslin are complete.
Comcast Fiber Upgrade
Comcast is planning to launch an Advanced Fiber Network project in Superior beginning in late May 2018. This multi-month engineering and construction project will bring fiber optic infrastructure deeper into Superior neighborhoods. The project involves a combination of construction in the public right-of-way and easements, installation of new and upgraded equipment and changes to the network architecture. There will be temporary lane restrictions and cone zones for potholing and roadway restoration. Maps and schedules will be posted as they are received.
Work Zone Guidelines
Please use extra caution when traveling work zones. Give workers and other drivers plenty of room to minimize the chance of accidents. Please be mindful of field personnel, machinery, and observe all posted signs.
Work hours will be 7 AM – 5 PM Monday - Friday however weather and other factors may affect the exact hours and duration of the work.
If you notice any issues with construction that was completed (concrete cracking, landscape repairs, irrigation repairs, etc.), please report it to Alex Bullen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-499-3675. The Town has a two-year warranty on all completed work.
The Town appreciates your patience in advance while performing these projects to continue its goal of investing in and maintaining the public infrastructure.