The Superior Town Center development has been envisioned by the Town for at least the past fifteen years when the properties were annexed to the Town in 1997. Since then the Town has had numerous development concepts for the properties and even completed a visioning process in 2007. The visioning process was completed as a way to identify key elements for developers that would be desired by the Town and stimulate development of the Town Center. In 2006, the Town approved an amendment to the Superior Urban Renewal Authority (SURA), which expanded the boundaries of SURA to include the Town Center properties. This was done to allow for, and promote development of the project.
In May, 2013 the Town received an application from Ranch Capital, LLC to amend the approved Planned Development Plan. The amendment application brings in the Spicer and Schuck (formerly Carlson) properties that were in the 1997 Annexation agreement, increasing the development to 157 acres. On August 19th, 2013, the Town Board approved the PD Amendment. On May 27, 2014, the Town Board approved an additional PD Amendment.
Additional information and documents can be found in these links:
- Information for parties interested in developing within the Superior Town Center
- Approved Superior Town Center applications
- 2013 Superior Town Center PD-Amendment Financial Considerations, Agreements and SURA Information
- 1998 Spicer-Carlson Annexation Agreement
- Property Disconnection and Revenue Sharing IGA
- Louisville-Superior IGA
303-499-3675 ext 131