In November, 2016, an item was placed on Superior’s ballot regarding the Town’s ability to have the legal right to provide high-speed internet services, as required by Colorado Senate Bill 05-152. This ballot item passed by a margin of 9 to 1. Following this vote, the Town Board in February 2017 approved to begin the first phase of this project – a broadband feasibility and needs assessment study.
The Town may be considering a ballot question in 2018 to build the broadband network.
The primary components of this study/scope of work include:
- Understand and assess the current infrastructure landscape
- Conduct customer market research/assessment
- Assess the potential for regional coordination and cooperation
- Engage with potential providers
- Determine a model and develop a network conceptual design
- Conduct a cost analysis
- Evaluate financing and funding availability